Barrel - simple form
First cut 65mm length of 10mm diameter aluminium or brass tube and smooth and polish ends.
Further details in gallery below:-
Barrel - classic lathe model
for turning barrel from 65mm of 10mm stainless rod.
- Part off 65mm of rod.
- Chuck up and centre drill before drilling 4.5mm hole to depth of 40mm / 45mm.
- Reverse rod in chuck and centre drill before drilling 4.0mm hole through.
- File and smooth to ensure piston travels extremely smoothly and freely.
- Reverse rod again and tap M5 to depth of 25mm.
- Chuck knurled coin, centre drill and tap M5.
- Spin coin onto M5 x 25mm A2 cap screw and secure with drop of epoxy.